As a follow up to one of my most popular posts How to Create an Irresistible Offer Your Prospects Can’t Refuse, I wanted to expand on some different kinds of offers you can make.
An offer is something you’re willing to give your prospect for taking action and can range from free information to those that cost you money.
It’s not necessarily about how much actual dollar value your offer has, it’s about the perceived value of what you’re offering that matters most.
An offer with a high perceived value will work like gangbusters and can help drive even more people to your martial arts school.
The trick is to find the right offer that motivates your prospect to take action. In other words, all of these offers aren’t equal and one might work better than another. It’s best to test these different offers to see which type works best for your market.
10 Types of Irresistible Offers
1. Free trials
Free trials are a great no risk way for someone to come in and try out your classes. I used this for years and found it to be a great way to get people in the door.
- Get two lessons free
- Get one week of martial arts lessons free
- Free introductory lesson
2. Free information
This is even lower risk than doing a trial because people don’t have to physically come in to redeem this. This could be a free report or guide you email them or paper copy in the mail.
- A woman’s guide to self defense
- A man’s guide to self defense
- A child’s guide to self defense
3. Free tours
This sounds less involved than a trial and might be all you need to get someone in the door. I have heard of many martial arts schools who have have used this successfully to get new students.
- Free tour of your facility
4. Free giveaways
What can I say, people like free stuff. This is a great enticer to get people in the door.
- Free coupon voucher for a trial program
- Free martial arts school T-shirt
- Free DVD about your school
- Free info pack or report
Enter to win contests are a great way to get a list of people who are interested in your program.
- Enter to win 3 free lessons with a black belt instructor
- Enter to win a free week of martial arts lessons
- Enter to win a free month of martial arts lessons
6. Two for one
This one is often overlooked but very powerful.
- Two people sign up for the price of one (trial program)
- Get one month free when you pay for your first month
I don’t anyone who wants to pay full price if they don’t have to so offering a discount is a great way to make people feel special.
- $0 sign up fee
- 50% off your first month of lessons
- Pay for 6 months in advance and get 20% off
8. Limited availability
If everyone and anyone can get this offer, what makes it so special that someone would take action? Offers are great when there is scarcity involved as it gets people to take action. People also like to feel they’re getting something no one else is.
- Limited to only the next 5 people who respond
- Only 3 spots left so act now
- Be one of the next 7 people to respond and receive XYZ
9. Free bonuses
This could be anything like a free private lesson upon sign up to merchandise…you name it.
- Free subscription to Black Belt Magazine
- Free upgrade to higher quality uniform
- Access to online instructional videos
If you’re not guaranteeing your services, I guarantee you’re not getting as many inquiries you could be.
- 30-day money back guarantee
- 110% money back guarantee
- 60 day money back guarantee plus you keep all free bonuses
What types of offers do you make at your martial arts school?
Which ones work best in your experience?
Share your experiences in the form of a comment below!