Plus 5 Ready to Use Offers You Can Use at Your Martial Arts School Today
As martial arts school owners, we all want more students. And, there is something that might be getting in the way of us achieving this.
It’s called an offer.
I’ve met a lot of martial arts school owners who don’t make an offer of any kind in their marketing efforts. They think that because they’re great martial artists, people will naturally want to train with them.
It doesn’t work that way and I think they’re missing out on a lot of revenue because of this common misperception.
All an offer does is help a prospect justify acting today instead of going to a competitor or doing absolutely nothing (the all too common choice).
Giving your prospects what they want will help you get what you want. By offering them something they want and can benefit from, you’ll get them to commit much quicker because they’re getting something they perceive as valuable in exchange for their decision.
With a call to action, we ask people to do something. With an offer, we incentivize them to take action. When you combine the two, you have a powerful and dynamic duo.
A good resource for this subject is Mark Joyner’s book The Irresistible Offer: How to Sell Your Product or Service in 3 Seconds or Less (John Wiley, 2005). You can find this book at Amazon.com or your local Barnes & Noble.
The Irresistible Offer Defined
The trifecta of the irresistible offer must include all of the following:
1) High ROI offer – Must be extremely valuable to your prospect.
2) A Touchstone – A summary of your offer as a frame of reference.
3) Believability – If it’s too good to be true, it probably is.
A common example citied by virtually all marketing authors include Domino’s “30 Minutes or It’s Free” offer and FedEx’s “When it absolutely, positively has to be there overnight.”
5 Irresistible Offers You Can Try Today
- See if the martial arts are right for you. Receive two free hours of instruction! (trial program)
- Free uniform when you join today! (state retail value here)
- Join today and we’ll waive your sign up fees! (state value here)
- Pay for two months, get one free! (state value here)
- Try it for 30 days. If you don’t like it, you don’t pay!
Be sure to test various offers in different mediums to see what works and what doesn’t to find the right offer for your martial arts school.
What irresistible offer are you making at your martial arts school? Share your thoughts in the form of a comment below.