I am a big fan of CraigsList and often search for martial arts related items. I also use it to market my martial arts school. If you haven’t tried it yet, its a great place to get the word out on your martial arts school.
Read on for tips on how to get started using CraigsList and why you should market your martial arts school on it.
Never used CraigsList?
Craigslist is a central network of online communities, featuring free online classified advertisements – with jobs, internships, housing, personals, services, for sale/barter/wanted, services, community, gigs, resume, and pets categories – and forums on various topics. — Wikipedia
What is CraigsList in Craig’s own words:
Craigslist provides local classifieds and forums for jobs, housing, for sale, personals, services, local community, and events. – Craig
Why List on CraigsList?
- It connects you with people in your local area. The whole site is divided up by geography.
- It’s free. Enough said.
- It’s popular. Start asking your friends if they use it. You’ll be surprised by how many say “yes.”
- It attracts a lot of eyeballs. It is one of (if not) the largest online classified site out there.
- You can list your heart out. You can pretty much post as many times as you want.
- Google loves it. Search engines crawl it so your listing may come up in local searches.
How to Get Started on CraigsList
- Visit Craigslist. Find your state and click on it. It will then present you options of major cities in your state. Click the link for your city.
- Go to the search box in the left hand column. Type in “martial arts.” From the drop down menu, select “services.” Click the arrow “>” button.
- Click on the ads to see what your competition is doing. Evaluate what you can do differently. Write a compelling ad with a good headline and short, descriptive body copy. Make an offer people can’t refuse. Make it easy to respond.
- In the upper right corner, click the “Post” button. Click the “lessons & tutoring” link. Proceed to the posting page.
- Create an account. Enter in a username and password.
- Point your cursor in the “Posting Title” box then add the title of your post.
- Point your cursor in the “Posting Description” box and write your listing.
- Enter your email.
- Submit your listing.Once you submit your listing, you will receive an email confirmation. To post in the “lessons & tutoring” category, you will also need to provide a valid phone number to verify your account. They will send you a text or call you to verify in order to proceed.
- Verify your listing. Edit things if necessary.
- Click the link in the email to post your listing to Craigslist. It will take at least 15 minutes for you post to appear. You should receive an email once it’s live.
- You’re done!
CraigsList is a great place to test offers and messaging. You should also consider making ClaigsList exclusive offers so you can measure its effectiveness later. Test for at least 120 days with four different listings and offers. Once you find something that starts to break loose, begin refining your listing.
Keep in mind that your posting will only last 30 days so you’ll have to keep on top of relisting every month or so if you want to continue to have your listing live.
Did this post help you? Let me know in form of a comment below!