Ask These 5 Questions to Create a USP that Cuts Through the Clutter!
With so much competition out there, you need to have a targeted statement that helps you stand out and helps prospects understand who you are, what you do and what’s in it for them. It’s called a Unique Selling Proposition.
Here is a list of questions to ask yourself to help make sure you’re going the right direction.
- What are your biggest benefits? List out everything that can be a perceived benefit to your target.
- What do your competitors offer? List out everything that could be perceived a benefit. Then compare against your list.
- What do you offer that no one else is promoting? Is there gap you can fill?
- Is it unique? Does anyone else claim the same thing (or similar)?
- Does it solve your target markets problems?
You can also listen to your students and see what they tell you over and over as to why they chose you. If there is one thing that keeps coming up, start there first. If you don’t know why, just ask them (a topic of another post coming soon). Then step through questions 4 and 5 above to see if it’s a good candidate.
Follow that process and find the one thing that makes your stand out. Then put that key statement into your website, business card, sign, windows, brochure, or anywhere you market your martial arts school. Use it on everything.
Remember, a good USP makes all the difference in communicating the how you’re different and makes it easy for people to get an idea of who you are an what you do.
What additional questions would you add to this list? Can it be improved upon?